Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: kjourdan on October 06, 2017, 11:33:06 am

Title: Add-in Usage with Citrix
Post by: kjourdan on October 06, 2017, 11:33:06 am
Is there a way to use locally developed add-ins with EA accessed via Citrix?  The Citrix server host many different databases for different products / projects so the add-in should only be accessible to myself and others that are working on the same project.  When I access the models through the thick client, my add-in is available but the performance is slow because of the location of the database.  Accessing through Citrix, I have good performance but my add-in not available.
Title: Re: Add-in Usage with Citrix
Post by: VKN on October 06, 2017, 02:01:03 pm
Sparx doesn't support Citrix.
Even if you get around one problem, you may face another.
Title: Re: Add-in Usage with Citrix
Post by: Geert Bellekens on October 07, 2017, 11:35:24 pm
EA works with Citrix, and you can get add-ins to work on Citrix as well, but not without a struggle.

I'm not sure why, but when installing something on a Citrix environment the registry keys seem to be forgotten by the system.
Last time I had to get the Citrix guy to set all registry settings in the login script.

Geert
Title: Re: Add-in Usage with Citrix
Post by: Glassboy on October 09, 2017, 07:22:28 am
EA works with Citrix, and you can get add-ins to work on Citrix as well, but not without a struggle.

I'm not sure why, but when installing something on a Citrix environment the registry keys seem to be forgotten by the system.
Last time I had to get the Citrix guy to set all registry settings in the login script.

Because being virtual desktops a lot more clean up is done when a user logs off.  So if something isn't exactly where it should be it won't be there next time a user logs on.  Windows has a feature called Group Policy Preferences which came in with Windows Server 2008 which is better for fixing these things than log on scripts.