Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Uffe on February 02, 2018, 10:21:58 pm

Title: Shape script in stereotyped datastore
Post by: Uffe on February 02, 2018, 10:21:58 pm
Hi all,


I'm trying to create a stereotype which extends datastore. I've tried this both with in-project UML types and with a profile. I'm on 11.1.

The problem I bump into is that the shape script I've created isn't run. When I create an element of my stereotyped type, it looks like an Object. It is presented with the datastore keyword and my stereotype, and it has the Object colour, not the datastore one.

If I redefine my stereotype to extend Object instead of datastore, it works: the script runs.

Why is this? And does it still work the same in 13?


/Uffe
Title: Re: Shape script in stereotyped datastore
Post by: qwerty on February 02, 2018, 11:01:01 pm
In which toolbox do you find that datastore?

q.
Title: Re: Shape script in stereotyped datastore
Post by: Uffe on February 03, 2018, 02:04:28 am
Activity. And it is based on an Object.

Of course I can base my stereotype on Object too, but I'd rather base it on datastore if I can. It just feels righter. That's a word. :)

/U
Title: Re: Shape script in stereotyped datastore
Post by: qwerty on February 03, 2018, 08:50:53 am
It appears that the datastore is just a <<datastore>> stereotyped Object. I cross checked with the table contents (and visually).

q.
Title: Re: Shape script in stereotyped datastore
Post by: Geert Bellekens on February 03, 2018, 05:42:24 pm
Is this the same for other stereotypes you have extended?

There is a difference in extending a metatype, or extending a (predefined) stereotype.

Geert
Title: Re: Shape script in stereotyped datastore
Post by: Uffe on February 03, 2018, 11:06:08 pm
That's what's weird: it is a metatype. Or at least, it's available in the "Extend metaclass" dialog, listed in the core set, no extensions.

So it should function like the other metaclasses do in termes of extending it. But it doesn't.

/U