Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Paolo F Cantoni on February 28, 2018, 04:21:28 pm

Title: Importing Archi Models
Post by: Paolo F Cantoni on February 28, 2018, 04:21:28 pm
Is there an easy way to import Archi models?  One of our users has a few and we'd like to save him the trouble of recreating them in Sparx EA.  He still has access to Archi, so if we need special export he can do that.

TIA,
Paolo
Title: Re: Importing Archi Models
Post by: Geert Bellekens on February 28, 2018, 06:03:31 pm
I think both tools supposedly support the Archimate Exchange Format, but the results I had with this import were erratic at best.

Geert
Title: Re: Importing Archi Models
Post by: Glassboy on March 01, 2018, 10:36:36 am
Is there an easy way to import Archi models?  One of our users has a few and we'd like to save him the trouble of recreating them in Sparx EA.  He still has access to Archi, so if we need special export he can do that.

In Archi : File | Export | Model to Open Exchange File....

In EA:  Find the import where ever it has been hidden in the version you are using :-)
Title: Re: Importing Archi Models
Post by: Paolo F Cantoni on March 01, 2018, 10:40:47 am
I think both tools supposedly support the Archimate Exchange Format, but the results I had with this import were erratic at best.

Geert
Thanks, Geeert,

I was sure it was possible, but I couldn't find it...  Turns out we have all but our MDGs switched off and it is only active if the ArchiMate 3.0 MDG is enabled. (Reasonable enough).

For the simple models we have here seems good enough.

Paolo