Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: Khurram on March 27, 2018, 05:06:10 pm
-
Hi,
I am new to EA, I have created a BPMN 2.0 diagram in a project, in this diagram I am using Pools and Lanes but now I need to copy this diagram fully to another project, how can I do it.
This is how I am trying to copy the diagram
Under My Package I have selected the Business Process where this diagram resides, right click on the business process and in the context menu in am clicking Copy/Paste-->Copy to clipboard-->Full Structure for Duplication
But its not working when I am pasting it to a new project, it is appearing as a blank project, any recommendations please.
-
Hi Khurram
Copying between projects is not possible through Full Structure for Duplication.
Import and Export XMI should do the trick.
Please select the parent package where all the diagram objects and diagram located then
do an XMI export and try to import it into your new project:)
please refer Copy Packages Between Projects (https://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/9.3/projects_and_teams/o1135.html)
for more details
HTH
Arshad
-
Hi Khurram
Copying between projects is not possible through Full Structure for Duplication.
I'm pretty sure it is possible.
And also the xmi export/import uses exactly the same mechanism, so the result will likely be the same.
I'm guessing that the elements on the diagram he is trying to copy are not actually part of the package.
When pasting the diagram, it cannot show the elements since they are in the model -> empty diagram.
The solution is to copy a large enough part of the model that contains everything shown on the diagram.
Geert
-
@Arshad, appreciate your response let me try this one.
@Greet, my diagram is part of the package but don't know why it is happening, may be I am not as experienced as you are that's why having trouble to work with EA at that early stage.
-
You can verify the location of the objects on the diagram by selecting them and then pressing Alt-G
If those objects are not copied to your target model then they won't be visible on the diagram in your target model.
Geert