Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Rich Anderson on April 11, 2018, 03:01:08 pm

Title: Reference to Diagram Images as Objects
Post by: Rich Anderson on April 11, 2018, 03:01:08 pm
Hi There,    I would like to be able to generate a PowerPoint presentation from EA using VB.net.  However, I don't see any easy way to get a reference to the diagram image as an object through the API.  Anyone know how to do this or do I need to access the image through SQL?
Title: Re: Reference to Diagram Images as Objects
Post by: Arshad on April 11, 2018, 03:47:05 pm
Hi Rich

Please have a try on Power point Integration for Enterprise Architect (https://sparxsystems.com.au/products/mdg/int/office/office-integration.html)

You can directly export object details and diagrams to power point directly from enterprise architect.
Key point is you can synchronise items in powerpoint with latest items in EA.


For more details please refer Publish model contents to PowerPoint presentations (https://sparxsystems.com.au/products/mdg/int/office/office-integration.html)


HTH
Arshad
Title: Re: Reference to Diagram Images as Objects
Post by: Rich Anderson on April 13, 2018, 02:22:20 pm
Thanks for letting me know about that.  I had checked it out before, but what I need is something that I have more control over.   So it looks like there is no way to access the images as a BLOB using the API, right?  If I want that, then it appears that I will have to use a table query using the Jet API.   Right?
Title: Re: Reference to Diagram Images as Objects
Post by: qwerty on April 13, 2018, 04:00:14 pm
You simply export the diagram to a file (Diagram.SaveImagePage or ProjectInterface.SaveDiagramImageToFile) and use that file.

q.