Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: Piotr_Markiewicz on May 09, 2018, 07:35:04 pm
-
Hi
Just have installed new v14 of EA.
Yesterday I worked on Archimate3 Business Layer Diagram using V13.5 where I used Triggering relationship to connect BusinessEvent element with BusinessProcess element. Today with V14 I have the following error message:
"Invalid source type for this connect type"
I tried to connect these two element by selecting triggering relationships icon from Dynamic Relationships toolbox, then I selected BusinessEvent element and tried to use on arrow displayed on top right site of this element. Always I have the same error message.
I checked other types of relationships and they work, i.e. flow.
Any suggestion? This could be bug
Piotr
Additional info
I created new diagram under V14 from the scratch with new event and process - still got this error
-
I just checked this and can confirm this doesn't work. Open an existing ArchiMate Bus Diagram and all is fine, but create a new bus diagram in EA 14 and you can't connect the Event to the Process with Triggering. Just get the error reported above. Can't find an obvious workaround either!
-
I have this issue in both situation:
1) diagram and elements created in V13.5 but trigger added in V14
2) diagram and elements created in V14 and trigger added in V14
-
I just found workaround
1) Connect event and process using flow relationship
2) select flow relationship and go to element properties
3) change stereotype from ArchiMate_Flow to ArchiMate_Triggering
4) done :)
-
Or just create the triggering relationship on the bus process to itself, then drag to move the start of the line to the event!
-
Hi
Just have installed new v14 of EA.
Yesterday I worked on Archimate3 Business Layer Diagram using V13.5 where I used Triggering relationship to connect BusinessEvent element with BusinessProcess element. Today with V14 I have the following error message:
"Invalid source type for this connect type"
I tried to connect these two element by selecting triggering relationships icon from Dynamic Relationships toolbox, then I selected BusinessEvent element and tried to use on arrow displayed on top right site of this element. Always I have the same error message.
I checked other types of relationships and they work, i.e. flow.
Any suggestion? This could be bug
Piotr
Additional info
I created new diagram under V14 from the scratch with new event and process - still got this error
I tried this in 14.0.1418 and this seems to work, has it been fixed? or am I missing something
-
My version is 14.0.1419 and have problem with even and junction when link with triggering rel to any other element
-
Is this what you are trying to do? (please refer to image below)
https://pasteboard.co/HktOhft.png
(I tried the quick linker & the toolbox item and it was fine)
Just trying to confirm so that we can see if this is to do with any setting.
-
My version is 14.0.1419 and have problem with even and junction when link with triggering rel to any other element
This is the first time you have mentioned "junction" so I assume it's a new issue. Junctions are a bit of a special case in ArchiMate because they aren't part of the metamodel but are a drawing artefact and need to be treated differently by the quicklinker; long story short, we are aware of the issue and are working on it. For now, please switch off the option at "Ribbon|Start|View|Preferences|Links|Strict Connector Syntax" to create connectors to and from junctions.
-
From end user point of view this is the same issue while I cannot use triggering rel with some elements. At first was event, then junction. Maybe from system code this is caused by two different reason.
Currently I heavily use Archimate Business Layer, in few days I am going to add Application Layer. Maybe I will find some more...
Any new fundings I will report here.
-
Is this what you are trying to do? (please refer to image below)
https://pasteboard.co/HktOhft.png
(I tried the quick linker & the toolbox item and it was fine)
Just trying to confirm so that we can see if this is to do with any setting.
This is one way I can recreate this situation. I also tried select process and then link to even as triggered by.
-
My version is 14.0.1419 and have problem with even and junction when link with triggering rel to any other element
For now, please switch off the option at "Ribbon|Start|View|Preferences|Links|Strict Connector Syntax" to create connectors to and from junctions.
I changed preferenced as You wrote and this works for junctions and for event as well.
-
I migrated from v13.5 to 15.0 betat two days ago, several "legal" actions did not work. I reported it to SPARX, this includes trigger and access (active behavior to structural element. Today I downloaded v14.1.1429 and it has the same problem as reported by the others in this thread. I attempted to change it via Properties and connector type but was not given the appropriate options.I am louth to fall back to v13.5 (I'm not sure where I put that install file.
-
You can download the previous version installers from the same page where you downloaded the other installers from.
It is definitely allowed if that is what you are asking.
Geert
-
Thank you Geert... Out of frustration, I "repaired" my v14 copy, didn;t work. And them removed and re-installed it.. now it works. Not sure why v15 isn't working properly though.
All the best,
Stephan Amsbary
Sr Technical Leader, Enterprise Architecture and Integration
Electric Power Research INstitute (EPRI)
-
If a repair corrected the behavior in 14, that may be enough to get 15 working. Windows installer can be a little weird at times. If it thought your existing ArchiMate technology was newer it may not have replaced it until you did the repair. That could mean that both EA 14 and 15 were using an old broken technology file.
-
The Windows Installer repair tool is now a wizard on a web page. If you can find it you should be able to flush out the cache installers and may be fix your problem.
-
Approximately the same issue: a brand new install on Windows 10 of EA V 14.1 (14.1.1427), using Archimate 3, I cannot create a Realization relationship from a business process ---> business service. However, the other way round is possible. When I do the other way round, I reverse the direction. That action is allowed!
-
Archimate 3 is broken in v14. Update to v15.2 or use ArchiMate 2
Geert
-
Ok Geert, thanks. Time to update my subscription, with EA 16 coming soon.
-
Update: I tried EA 15.2, and it does work, but first I need to change the stereotypes from the ArchiMate2::ArchiMate_BusinessService to the ArchiMate3::ArchiMate_BusinessService etc. I'm glad it works now.
-
Update: I tried EA 15.2, and it does work, but first I need to change the stereotypes from the ArchiMate2::ArchiMate_BusinessService to the ArchiMate3::ArchiMate_BusinessService etc. I'm glad it works now.
There is a script included in the MDG to upgrade from ArchiMate2 to ArchiMate3
Geert
-
A quick workaround is to issues like that is to disable strict connector syntax in the options dialog in the link properties.