Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: Sparxs411 on July 27, 2018, 11:39:39 pm

Title: Referencing external XSDs and elements in EA
Post by: Sparxs411 on July 27, 2018, 11:39:39 pm
Hello,

  I am attempting to reference an XSD (via URL) and associated elements outside of the core model. Is there a way to do this in EA where you can reference the location of an external XSD and link them? Ideally I would like to make some of my elements point to those "types" in that schema.

Thanks!
Title: Re: Referencing external XSDs and elements in EA
Post by: Geert Bellekens on July 27, 2018, 11:54:58 pm
I don't think you. You can import the xsd however and use the result in EA.

Geert
Title: Re: Referencing external XSDs and elements in EA
Post by: Sparxs411 on July 28, 2018, 01:00:52 am
Thanks Geert. You were referring to importing the XSD as its own package, correct? Unfortunately when I import the XSD it seems to throw a lot of errors my way. I will try to bring it in again so then I am pointing to it locally.

Thanks!