Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: Piotr_Markiewicz on September 24, 2018, 07:04:02 pm

Title: Publish as HTML - how to have details of element from another package
Post by: Piotr_Markiewicz on September 24, 2018, 07:04:02 pm
Hi,
I offen publish model described in single package (with subpackages) and give access to people who do not have direct access to EA. When all elements are under one main package (could be located in subpackages) then everything is ok. The problem is when on specific diagram I use elements which are located not under main package.
P1
---P1.1
-------P1.1.1
-------P1.1.2
---P1.2
-------P1.2.1
-------P1.2.2

Let assume I publish package P1.1 as HTML and on diagram located in P1.1.1 I used element which definition is in P1.2.1.
On exported diagram I can see this element but only as a image. I cannot see description of this element.

Does anyone know how solved this problem. Maybe configuration, workaround?

Piotr
Title: Re: Publish as HTML - how to have details of element from another package
Post by: Arshad on September 24, 2018, 09:40:19 pm
Hi you can achieve it:

Model Document ( Virtual Document ): (https://www.sparxsystems.com.au/enterprise_architect_user_guide/14.0/model_publishing/createadocumentobject.html)
Note : The entire details of that package will be generated . In your case you need to add P1.1 and P1.2 to the master document.

 

HTH
Arshad
Title: Re: Publish as HTML - how to have details of element from another package
Post by: Piotr_Markiewicz on September 24, 2018, 10:51:41 pm
Thanks Arshad,
It is not 100% I wanted but better solution than nothing :-). I will read that and try to aply.

Piotr