Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Rudi Claes on March 22, 2012, 12:34:05 am

Title: Import from legacy database
Post by: Rudi Claes on March 22, 2012, 12:34:05 am
I've got a legacy database with a lot of content I need to migrate to Sparx. Import via XMI should then be the path to follow. Leads to a conversion from that relational data to XMI. I'm considering the usage of XSLT or SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services). Has anyone got experience with this? Are there other scenarios to consider?
Title: Re: Import from legacy database
Post by: Geert Bellekens on March 22, 2012, 01:13:17 am
Rudi,

I wouldn't start creating XMI manually.
The first option is to to use the ODBC reverse engineering.
If that doesn't work out I would use some other kind of import mechanism  like the simple vba excel importer (http://community.sparxsystems.com/resources/scripts/simple-vba-excel-ea-importer)

Regards

Geert

PS. Call or email me privately if you want to discuss more.