Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: Prudvi25 on November 13, 2018, 08:33:52 am

Title: The user does not have database level permission to transfer data
Post by: Prudvi25 on November 13, 2018, 08:33:52 am
I have set up a new SQL server database and successfully created the tables for EA 14.
I have created a SQL user that is a member of
•db_datareader
•db_datawriter
•db_ddladmin
•public
and the server roles public and sysadmin

When I try to Transfer my Source Project from EA 14 to the DB I get the following error messages:
The user does not have database level permission to transfer data ..
Currently I am trying with windows authentication and  it still shows the same for Microsoft OLEDB Provider for SQL server.

Please help me with the same.
Title: Re: The user does not have database level permission to transfer data
Post by: skiwi on November 29, 2018, 04:25:03 pm
I too have this problem.
(http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/copperkiwi/Sparx/The%20user%20does%20not%20have_zpsnoeycn5z.png)
What does "database level permission to transfer data" mean?
Which specific SQL Server permission is required
This is the first time I have done this for a couple of years, and the first time with V14.0

Title: Re: The user does not have database level permission to transfer data
Post by: skiwi on November 30, 2018, 07:59:28 am
Having asked, I have db_datareader, db_datawriter permissions to SQL Server

Title: Re: The user does not have database level permission to transfer data
Post by: qwerty on November 30, 2018, 10:41:45 am
I guess you also need the Create.

q.
Title: Re: The user does not have database level permission to transfer data
Post by: skiwi on December 03, 2018, 07:08:16 am
I guess you also need the Create.


The server based respository is already set up
(https://sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/14.0/model_repository/settingupdatabasemodelfile.html and https://sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/14.0/model_repository/upsizingtosqlserver.html)
and I can connect to it, and see an empty Sparx EA repository, so I'm not sure why Create would help.
Title: Re: The user does not have database level permission to transfer data
Post by: qwerty on December 03, 2018, 06:02:01 pm
Well, it's EA and they might require it just for fun? Give it a go.

q.
Title: Re: The user does not have database level permission to transfer data
Post by: Eve on December 10, 2018, 03:38:55 pm
It's explained here:

https://sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/14.0/model_repository/sqlserver_security_perms.html (https://sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/14.0/model_repository/sqlserver_security_perms.html)

Quote
Additional Permissions for Project Transfers
When an Enterprise Architect repository is transferred into a SQL Server based repository, it is necessary for Enterprise Architect to execute a number of SET IDENTITY_INSERT (table) {ON | OFF} commands during the process. This means the user performing the transfer must have a high level of security, in the role of 'db_ddladmin'.
Title: Re: The user does not have database level permission to transfer data
Post by: skiwi on December 10, 2018, 06:15:02 pm
It's explained here:
https://sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/14.0/model_repository/sqlserver_security_perms.html (https://sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/14.0/model_repository/sqlserver_security_perms.html)


Indeed, but not here
https://sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/14.0/model_publishing/performadatatransfer.html


It would be most helpful if the latter page could refer to the permissions required and link to the former page


thanks
Title: Re: The user does not have database level permission to transfer data
Post by: skiwi on December 11, 2018, 10:11:42 am
Got hold of a friendly and helpful DBA.
I was given the role db_ddladmin.
Tried it again, a still received the error message. Then tried again with DB logging on, but nothing obvious in the log.
Finally tried it with db_owner rights.
Still didn't work!


I've opened a support call.




Title: Re: The user does not have database level permission to transfer data
Post by: skiwi on December 12, 2018, 08:28:19 am
A solution with thanks to Sparx Support


Build 1427 contains a fix for this problem.  We suspect it has come about when creating a new repository with the EASchema_1220_SQLServer.sql, and applying the update script before there is a model in the repository.
You have the option to...
1.  use EA build 1427, or
 2.  create a fresh repository, transfer a model to the fresh repository, then apply the update script.