Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Geert Bellekens on February 08, 2019, 06:00:43 pm
-
Hi,
I'm have difficulties writing a connector shapescript.
Whatever I do, the main line is being drawn over the source and target shapes.
I even copied the exact shapescript used by BPMN 2.0 for MessageFlow https://github.com/GeertBellekens/Enterprise-Architect-Shapescript-Library/blob/master/BPMN2.0/MessageFlow.shapeScript (https://github.com/GeertBellekens/Enterprise-Architect-Shapescript-Library/blob/master/BPMN2.0/MessageFlow.shapeScript), but to no avail.
Here's an image that shows the problem: https://imgur.com/a/ZQbWE7E (https://imgur.com/a/ZQbWE7E)
(https://imgur.com/a/ZQbWE7E)
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Geert
-
It seems that associations are somehow different from other connector types.
If I use the same shapescript on a dependency or realization I get the expected results.
Only with an association I seem to be having this problem.
Guess I'll have to report a bug then and use another metatype in the mean time.
Geert
-
I reported this a fair few years ago (maybe five), so obviously it needs another report.
Associations, by their very nature, are different from other relationship types, but that doesn't mean that rendering them needs to be so different as it currently is in EA, in my view.
Paolo
-
One thing I have noticed with shape scripts is that the line style affects how shape scripts are rendered. There are certain line styles that are rendered very oddly.