Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: jmcdonnell on August 14, 2012, 01:06:01 am

Title: RTF File Generation Templates...
Post by: jmcdonnell on August 14, 2012, 01:06:01 am
Hi all,

I want to use two templates in my document generation and I'm aware that this can be done using the virtual documents feature.

After reading the help files I see that a certain template style can be specified to chosen packages for inclusion in report generation.

However, I want to be able to mix report templates in the same document dependent upon element type.

Can anybody recommend how I might go about this?

Thanks in advance,




Joe
Title: Re: RTF File Generation Templates...
Post by: Eve on August 14, 2012, 08:50:31 am
The only way to mix templates currently is to create a master document and each virtual document within that can use a different template.

To use a different template for each element from there you'll need to make virtual documents run on searches based on element type.
Title: Re: RTF File Generation Templates...
Post by: Dermot on August 14, 2012, 11:32:04 am
Another option; If you are interested in using the Automation Interface you can use the Document Generator class to run different templates based on each element you parse.
See: http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/9.3/automation/document_generator_interface_class.html