Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: pumpidumpi on February 03, 2020, 05:22:41 pm
-
Hello,
I've got a simple problem (I hope so ;-) ). I would like to have a basic description of a system where I can make some instances of with to choose the properties from the system for specific variants to generate afterwards an overview which variant is using which property. I made an example for a human:
https://share-your-photo.com/d32d8710a7 (https://share-your-photo.com/d32d8710a7)
So now I made some instances from this (Fred and Olivia) with specific properties based on their mother:
https://share-your-photo.com/6b715eb44a (https://share-your-photo.com/6b715eb44a)
If I take a look at the traceability I can see the following information
https://share-your-photo.com/6e7437d392 (https://share-your-photo.com/6e7437d392)
Now I would like to have an complete overview of which variant is using which part and property. What are the possibilities to do that and how is the instance with its properties linked to the mother? I tried to get it via the matrix window in Enterprise Architect but I can not find the right link between them.
And a basic question, is this the right way to build variants of a system?
Would be really great if you could help me with my problem.
Thank you in advance,
Phil
-
You can use SQL to create a search, or use in a document fragment.
Link between instance and classifier is as follows
select * from t_object instance
inner join t_object classifier on instance.Classifier = classifier.Object_ID
Link between element and embedded element:
select * from t_object embedded
inner join t_object owner on embedded.ParentID = owner.Object_ID
Geert
-
Thank you Geert for the quick response :)
Do you've got some additional information to the SQL Query? This solution is very interesting.
best regards,
Phil
-
Phil,
look for "SQL Search" in the help.
This might also come in handy: https://bellekens.com/?s=sql (https://bellekens.com/?s=sql)
Geert