Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: Paolo F Cantoni on February 12, 2020, 04:03:45 pm

Title: Insert Related Elements Dialog - Seriously Broken?
Post by: Paolo F Cantoni on February 12, 2020, 04:03:45 pm
Before I report this, can anybody confirm that the Insert Related Elements dialog is seriously broken in the refresh area?  For example, if I deselect one of the relationship types, and refresh, the list empties when it shouldn't.

pressing random controls on the dialog exhibits anomalous behaviour.

Is it just me?

Paolo
Title: Re: Insert Related Elements Dialog - Seriously Broken?
Post by: Geert Bellekens on February 12, 2020, 05:57:45 pm
Seems to work just fine for me.

The only "weird" thing about it is that some controls (such as the levels dropdown) do an auto-refresh, where others (such as the types of connectors) don't.

Geert
Title: Re: Insert Related Elements Dialog - Seriously Broken?
Post by: Paolo F Cantoni on February 12, 2020, 06:13:14 pm
Seems to work just fine for me.

The only "weird" thing about it is that some controls (such as the levels dropdown) do an auto-refresh, where others (such as the types of connectors) don't.

Geert
Thanks, Geert,

Yes, I agree (with the autorefresh weirdness).  It's a bit disconcerting!

However, did you try my scenario?  If I have seven types of connectors listed and I deselect 1, I don't expect the list to clear when I press refresh, I expect the list to reduce (excluding the metatype(s) I excluded).  Does your's provide a reduced list or an empty one?

Paolo
Title: Re: Insert Related Elements Dialog - Seriously Broken?
Post by: Geert Bellekens on February 12, 2020, 06:40:33 pm
Seems to work just fine for me.

The only "weird" thing about it is that some controls (such as the levels dropdown) do an auto-refresh, where others (such as the types of connectors) don't.

Geert
Thanks, Geert,

Yes, I agree (with the autorefresh weirdness).  It's a bit disconcerting!

However, did you try my scenario?  If I have seven types of connectors listed and I deselect 1, I don't expect the list to clear when I press refresh, I expect the list to reduce (excluding the metatype(s) I excluded).  Does your's provide a reduced list or an empty one?

Paolo
Mine does what I expect. The list is reduced to only those that correspond to my selection.

Geert
Title: Re: Insert Related Elements Dialog - Seriously Broken?
Post by: Paolo F Cantoni on February 12, 2020, 09:39:32 pm
[SNIP]

Mine does what I expect. The list is reduced to only those that correspond to my selection.

Geert
Thanks, I'll dig some more...

Paolo