Sparx Systems Forum

Pro Cloud Server / Prolaborate / WebEA => PCS Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: Guillaume on June 16, 2020, 02:16:42 am

Title: Pro Cloud Server SSL error- unable to create secure server on port 805
Post by: Guillaume on June 16, 2020, 02:16:42 am
Hi,

I'm trying to set up the PCS with an HTTPS access.
My client provided a PFX file for the certificate which was successfully used for Prolaborate in IIS.

As this PFX file doesn't seem to work for the PCS, I managed to get 2 PEM files.
One with the -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and the other one with -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
As per the thread here https://sparxsystems.com/forums/smf/index.php?topic=5889.0 (https://sparxsystems.com/forums/smf/index.php?topic=5889.0), I copied the content from both files in the server.pem file so I have
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
....
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
Proc-Type: 4,ENCRYPTED
....
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

Restarting the PCS, I'm still getting the following message in the logs:

[WARNING]: Unable to create secure server on port 805 (https).



Title: Re: Pro Cloud Server SSL error- unable to create secure server on port 805
Post by: Modesto Vega on September 09, 2021, 09:31:05 pm
 Guillaume, did you ever get this fixed. If so, how?
Title: Re: Pro Cloud Server SSL error- unable to create secure server on port 805
Post by: ddrakos on September 09, 2021, 11:36:40 pm
Hi,

convert PFX to PEM with openssl

1. PFX with password protection
openssl pkcs12 -in xxxx.pfx -password pass:xxxxxx  -out server.pem -nodes


2. PFX without password protection
openssl pkcs12 -in xxxx.pfx   -out server.pem -nodes