Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: Hauke Wittern on October 23, 2020, 08:36:35 pm

Title: How to set operation multiplicity and how to display parameter multiplicities?
Post by: Hauke Wittern on October 23, 2020, 08:36:35 pm
I know how to set the return type of an operation. But how to set the multiplicity of an operation's result?
For example I want the signature displayed like "OperationName() : ReturnType [0..*]" in my class' operations.

I am aware I can set the multiplicity of the operation's parameters and set the direction of a parameter to "return" (according to the UML specification return type, lower and upper are derived from this parameter). However, that does not help: the operation signature is then displayed as "OperationName(result: ParameterType) : ReturnType". The specified multiplicity is not displayed. So another question arises here: how to display the multiplicity of parameters in the operations list of a class (no matter of the parameter direction)?
Title: Re: How to set operation multiplicity and how to display parameter multiplicities?
Post by: Geert Bellekens on October 23, 2020, 08:55:47 pm
Hauke,

AFAIK EA doesn't show the multiplicity of parameters on a diagram, and you can't set the multiplicity for the return type (only for "return" parameters)

Geert