Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: Chaotic Mike on October 30, 2020, 09:19:28 pm

Title: EA opening a diagram on project startup - and I don't want it to
Post by: Chaotic Mike on October 30, 2020, 09:19:28 pm
Hello,

Recently my project has taken to opening one of its diagrams on Startup - I didn't ask it to, and it's not a particularly thrilling diagram, either.  I suspect somebody, somewhere has inadvertently set some flag asking this to happen.

A brief trawl of Google and this website has not helped be find the mysterious parameter...  Does anyone in the community know the relevant silver bullet?

I'm running 14.1.1429 build 1429 on W10.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Title: Re: EA opening a diagram on project startup - and I don't want it to
Post by: Arshad on October 30, 2020, 09:30:45 pm
To remove the default diagram

Choose option Start | Desktop | Workspaces | Model Places | Manage | Clear

(https://i.ibb.co/V3JLk43/image.png)

HTH
Title: Re: EA opening a diagram on project startup - and I don't want it to
Post by: qwerty on October 30, 2020, 09:44:10 pm
Hey, wow. They added that! Until not long ago you needed to set to a dummy diagram and delete that...

q.
Title: Re: EA opening a diagram on project startup - and I don't want it to
Post by: Chaotic Mike on October 30, 2020, 11:03:27 pm

Thank you Arshad.  That isn't even *slightly* an arcane path to follow...!

 ;D

Mike
Title: Re: EA opening a diagram on project startup - and I don't want it to
Post by: Chaotic Mike on October 30, 2020, 11:09:06 pm
But I thanked you too soon!  *My* version of EA doesn't have the menu path you show. 
Struggling to work out how to show you what my interface looks like, but I suspect you are using v15?

Mike
Title: Re: EA opening a diagram on project startup - and I don't want it to
Post by: Geert Bellekens on October 30, 2020, 11:30:27 pm
In pre-v15 versions you need to create a new diagram, set it as the model default, and then delete that diagram.

Use F1(help) to find the location of the menu option in your version.

Geert
Title: Re: EA opening a diagram on project startup - and I don't want it to
Post by: Chaotic Mike on October 31, 2020, 12:38:57 am
10 points to Geert!

I found and executed the command (Set Model Default) by typing 'Default' in the Find Command... box on the ribbon.  Is there a way of finding out where the command lives, once you have identified its existence via Find Command...?

Mike
Title: Re: EA opening a diagram on project startup - and I don't want it to
Post by: Geert Bellekens on October 31, 2020, 12:53:56 am
Is there a way of finding out where the command lives, once you have identified its existence via Find Command...?
Search the manual for that string.

Geert