Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: sravang on November 12, 2020, 02:24:34 am

Title: All tables used in sparx
Post by: sravang on November 12, 2020, 02:24:34 am
Is there a way I can find tables used in sparx.
I am working on project which requires to process through every element in sparx project. As my project is very large around 11000 items it is taking lot of time approx 2 hours to complete my process.
I just want to know the relations of elements so that I can process it faster. It will be helpful if anyone can recommend how to find tables and schema in sparx.

Thanks,
Title: Re: All tables used in sparx
Post by: qwerty on November 12, 2020, 03:06:27 am
Just use the query for the DB you use to return the tables. Or look up in the script for setting up a DB provided by Sparx. Or use EA itself to RE the DB structure.

q.

P.S. Of course the easiest for you would be to look into my Inside book.
Title: Re: All tables used in sparx
Post by: Geert Bellekens on November 12, 2020, 03:47:25 am
Yes, reverse engineering the database is probably the easiest to get a good view of the tables.

In short the most important tables are

- t_object: Elements
- t_package: Packages
- t_connector: relations
- t_diagram: Diagrams
- t_DiagramObjects: elements shown on a diagram
- t_Attribute: Attributes

Geert