Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Elvior on January 22, 2013, 09:22:55 pm

Title: Killing EA.exe from Java API
Post by: Elvior on January 22, 2013, 09:22:55 pm
So I am using the Java API to acess diagrams and extract the data into my tool. Everything so far is good in that respect however when I create the repository and then open a file I get 2 EA.exe processes. When I call Repository.Exit() only one closes. So each time I use the functionality I am left with an additional EA.exe until I kill them all manually.

How do I get EA to exit properly from the Java API.
Title: Re: Killing EA.exe from Java API
Post by: qwerty on January 22, 2013, 11:33:53 pm
I guess you're doing something wrong when opening EA. I have no trouble opening a single instance using Perl (and the C# guys will likely acknowledge).

q.
Title: Re: Killing EA.exe from Java API
Post by: Elvior on January 23, 2013, 01:32:10 am
Hmm OK then I must have another repository somewhere that I have forgotten about.
Title: Re: Killing EA.exe from Java API
Post by: Aaron B on January 23, 2013, 12:15:47 pm
Are you running Eclipse at the time you see this second EA.exe process?  Do you have MDG Integration for Eclipse currently installed?  The other instance of EA.exe could be running in the background for MDG Integration.