Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Uml Process => Topic started by: dstoicof on March 24, 2021, 07:47:04 am

Title: EA Training for BA's
Post by: dstoicof on March 24, 2021, 07:47:04 am
Hello,

Seems I'm a bit overwhelmed by the multitude of options EA is providing and I'm in need of some (quick) training.  I'm a BA who needs to use this software soon at a customer who requested it.  I can do basic diagram mapping but would like to learn the (full) potential of EA as far as BA-ing.  Any suggestions (other than the online help) on where can I start webinars/classes/books that are somewhat current? Where can  I can go to/signup/buy?  Again, this should be from a BA point-of-view.

Thank you very much!
Title: Re: EA Training for BA's
Post by: Richard Freggi on March 24, 2021, 03:09:35 pm
I would recommend you become proficient in UML (books, online courses etc.), then EA will be easy to learn.  Without solid UML knowledge I don't think you can do much with EA even if you memorize all of EA's features.

If you are not proficient in UML, I think Visio/Powerpoint are much better alternatives to EA.
Title: Re: EA Training for BA's
Post by: qwerty on March 24, 2021, 11:29:10 pm
What Richard said. Without knowing UML it makes absolutely no sense to use EA.

q.
Title: Re: EA Training for BA's
Post by: Geert Bellekens on March 24, 2021, 11:35:01 pm
I don't necessarily agree with q and Richard.

I have a lot of Business type users that hardly know any UML at all.

They know BPMN or ArchiMate, and they can be taught how to use EA for this purpose.
There are a few tutorials for BPMN, but even the ones out there often teach the wrong things.

I've given a few BPMN trainings myself, but I don't have any material at hand that I can share.

Geert
Title: Re: EA Training for BA's
Post by: qwerty on March 25, 2021, 12:59:32 am
Oh well, If you know BPMN and/or Archimate then I guess that hopping on UML is not an issue. But you need to talk one of that lingo.

q.
Title: Re: EA Training for BA's
Post by: Eve on March 25, 2021, 08:27:45 am
Have you looked at the trainers list for your region or online?

https://www.sparxsystems.com/partners/trainer-consultants-mentors.html (https://www.sparxsystems.com/partners/trainer-consultants-mentors.html)