Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Peter_Schlicker on February 19, 2013, 09:26:57 pm

Title: Addin License management
Post by: Peter_Schlicker on February 19, 2013, 09:26:57 pm
there are 2 callbacks for addin license management EA_AddInLicenseValidate() and EA_AddinLicenseGetDescription(). If a custom addin has a lease expires date for demo and testing, how can I set this property for my addin?
Title: Re: Addin License management
Post by: Makulik on February 19, 2013, 11:54:02 pm
IMHO this should be handled by the internal license management of the AddIn itself. You'll need to store something like the installation date with your licensefile (e.g. when the user enters a key value).

HTH
Günther
Title: Re: Addin License management
Post by: Peter_Schlicker on February 20, 2013, 12:47:28 am
yes, I will use my own license manager, but my idea was to use the EA License GUI to show the user this information. Now I have to implement my custom GUI to show the user the license information.