Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Guillaume on January 21, 2022, 02:26:55 am
-
Hi,
I have an MDG with ArchiMate stereotyped elements. In one of them, I'm using a Refguid tagged value to select an element from the repository.
I created diagrams saved as UML patterns with a stereotyped element + selected element within the refguid tagged value (EA saves the GUID in the tag's value).
Looking at the Pattern XML file content, I can see te TaggedValue with the guid value.
But when I import the pattern in the same EA project and create an element, the resulting tagged values are empty.
Note that my final goal is to expose these patterns as "silent patterns" within the MDG toolbox. I'm also using at the moment a single EA project with the content and the MDG definition.
-
Don't think it's possible.
-
Is it worth submitting as a feature request ?
-
The thing is, patterns have a mechanism for linking to an existing model element. You set that element to synch instead of create and you select the element in the dialog.
Linking to another element that isn't described in the pattern means you are relying on it already existing with a known guid, so it won't work in the general case. Personally, I don't believe it's worth submitting something like that as a feature request.
You can do it, but there's no way you can do it with a silent pattern.
PS. Sorry, I did try to provide that kind of explanation last week. I just couldn't find words I was happy with so gave up and gave the answer with no explanation.
-
Hi Eve,
Thank you for the explanations.