Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: Paolo F Cantoni on October 24, 2022, 11:42:38 am
-
As the title says, if you create a Bezier style line in v16 and then open the diagram in v15, the Bezier line is not curved but straight.
Interestingly, the other way round, v15 Bezier lines are rendered correctly in v16.
Reported,
Paolo
-
Release Notes for 16.0 Build 1604
*********************************
...
Vastly expanded support for bezier line style on most connectors
You haven't described which relationship types you're using, but it sounds entirely expected. 15.2 didn't allow bezier style on many relationship types. 16.0 added support for that. Like anything new added to any new version, it will be lost for older versions.
-
Release Notes for 16.0 Build 1604
*********************************
...
Vastly expanded support for bezier line style on most connectors
You haven't described which relationship types you're using, but it sounds entirely expected. 15.2 didn't allow bezier style on many relationship types. 16.0 added support for that. Like anything new added to any new version, it will be lost for older versions.
You're correct; I didn't specify - my bad. They are/were state transitions that have allowed Bezier since I've been using them - that's why I posted.
Your point is taken but doesn't seem to apply here.
Paolo
-
Hi Paolo,
I guess because there is a difference that Beizer in the 16 has 'Mode=10' in the t_diagramlinks.Style but in the 15.2 and earlier it is 'Mode=8'. Older EA must be unable to understand the 'Mode=10' mode.
(I also guess why the difference because EA16 supports multiple point bezier line, which does not exist in older versions. And there must be some reason to distinguish between them.)
No way to solve, sorry...
-
Hi Paolo,
I guess because there is a difference that Beizer in the 16 has 'Mode=10' in the t_diagramlinks.Style but in the 15.2 and earlier it is 'Mode=8'. Older EA must be unable to understand the 'Mode=10' mode.
(I also guess why the difference because EA16 supports multiple point bezier line, which does not exist in older versions. And there must be some reason to distinguish between them.)
No way to solve, sorry...
Thanks, Takeshi-san,
At least it is good to understand why. So I can tell my users.
Paolo