Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: miksko on April 08, 2023, 01:15:32 am

Title: Database errors during duplication
Post by: miksko on April 08, 2023, 01:15:32 am
I regularly set up a teaching environment where I want the participants to be able to experiment by manipulating their own set of use cases and requirements.
During the following duplication process the database produces a number of errors, telling me I'm violating unique key constraints and such. I don't understand why, since a proper duplication should produce new keys which are unique.
Title: Re: Database errors during duplication
Post by: qwerty on April 08, 2023, 02:46:19 am
Run  consistency check. Should be done weekly...

Other than that: why not make EAP copies for your students?

q.
Title: Re: Database errors during duplication
Post by: Sunshine on April 08, 2023, 04:26:25 pm
If you are using SQL Server then check the version of the schema is compatible with your Sparx EA Client.
https://sparxsystems.com/resources/repositories/index.html (https://sparxsystems.com/resources/repositories/index.html)
Quote
Please Note: Throughout Enterprise Architect's history Sparx Systems have endeavored to avoid changing the underlining database structure to remain compatible with older versions. Since 2010 there have been the following schema releases:

Schema 1558 released in Feb-2021 with Enterprise Architect v15.2 (build 1558)
Schema 1220 released in Jun-2016 with Enterprise Architect v13 (build 1302)
Schema 851 released on 10-Feb-2010 with Enterprise Architect v8 (build 851)
Title: Re: Database errors during duplication
Post by: miksko on April 11, 2023, 06:16:29 pm
Other than that: why not make EAP copies for your students?

I presume you mean one local model per user. Our setup is a repository stored in an MS SQL DB. And the environment we set up is not only for educational purposes but also to let the (in-house) participants use as a test environment later on.
If I was the administrator of the environment, I could of course export the template model and then import it to each participant's sandbox, but I'm not.

Mikael
Title: Re: Database errors during duplication
Post by: miksko on April 11, 2023, 06:20:06 pm
If you are using SQL Server then check the version of the schema is compatible with your Sparx EA Client.

We are! Thanks for the input. I certainly expect our consultants to check out for such things but it certainly doesn't hurt to double-check.
Title: Re: Database errors during duplication
Post by: miksko on April 11, 2023, 06:25:18 pm
If you are using SQL Server then check the version of the schema is compatible with your Sparx EA Client.
https://sparxsystems.com/resources/repositories/index.html (https://sparxsystems.com/resources/repositories/index.html)
Quote
Please Note: Throughout Enterprise Architect's history Sparx Systems have endeavored to avoid changing the underlining database structure to remain compatible with older versions. Since 2010 there have been the following schema releases:

Schema 1558 released in Feb-2021 with Enterprise Architect v15.2 (build 1558)
Schema 1220 released in Jun-2016 with Enterprise Architect v13 (build 1302)
Schema 851 released on 10-Feb-2010 with Enterprise Architect v8 (build 851)

I just checked this myself (after noticing that you can now do it through the Help->About EA menu in the client). The schema version is 1558, which is the latest.