Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Mhatch on April 15, 2014, 06:38:01 pm

Title: Error: Failed to create Debugging process
Post by: Mhatch on April 15, 2014, 06:38:01 pm
When I try to debug a script, I am getting the following error
[04328854]      Failed to create Debugging process
SSProfiler75.exe SSAgent "4824"

I've seen this on a couple of machines now, on one machine I was able to get it working by retrying repeatedly, and it would work in 1 out of 5 times.  On my most recent machine, it fails consistently, even after reboot.

any ideas?
-Mike
Title: Re: Error: Failed to create Debugging process
Post by: Mhatch on April 15, 2014, 09:23:29 pm
I uninstalled and resinstalled Sparx V11 RC, and get similar error (format changed a little):

[00303318]      Failed to create Debugging process
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sparx Systems\EA\vea\x86\SSProfiler32.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sparx Systems\EA\vea\x86\SSAgent32" "3712"

Any help troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

I will post a support ticket as well. Thanks!
Title: Re: Error: Failed to create Debugging process
Post by: Dermot on April 16, 2014, 10:29:11 am
Which script type are you using VBSscript or JavaScript?
Do you have have these installed on your system?
JScript and VBScript are not installed by default on a Windows computer.
If JScript or VBScript are not installed the error Failed to create Debugging process would be expected.