Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Rudi Claes on August 02, 2014, 01:08:27 am
-
Hi all,
I would like to use the following custom SQL search in a Model Document:
SELECT ea_guid AS CLASSGUID, Object_Type AS CLASSTYPE, Name FROM t_object o WHERE stereotype = 'BR' AND Phase = '<Search Term>' ORDER BY Name
However, the sort order is respected in the output window, but not in the generated RTF document.
Any thoughts on this one?
Regards,
Rudi
-
I believe that the SQL is only used to determine which elements appear. The order of the elements won't be based on your query.
-
I remember there was a thread with EA not handling the SORT option of a query. ICR whether it was a feature or a bug.
q.
-
Hi,
The end-users would like to see the element names in alphabetic order for easy retrieval. Now, the order seems completely random. As this seems a fair question, can this requirement be realized without scripting?
Regards,
Rudi
-
Well, the single columns have a sort option. Just click the Name header and you're done. Inconvenient extra click, but it could be worse.
q.
-
Yes, the sort option on the Name Column of the Model Search is indeed not too much effort. But I would like to use the sorted output of the query in RTF document generation.
-
:-[ The ability to read is a real advantage...
Send a feature request. But don't put much hope in it.
q.