Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Guillaume on January 24, 2015, 02:54:00 am

Title: UML profile : fill color after DrawNativeShape
Post by: Guillaume on January 24, 2015, 02:54:00 am
Hi,

I'm creating a stereotype that includes some shapescript calling DrawNativeShape and displaying a label.
This stereotype is applied on the BPMN2 DataObject definition (itself a stereotype).

When I apply a fill colour on the stereotype in the UML profile diagram, this colour is not applied to the stereotyped elements when using my UML profile.
Does the DrawNativeShape prevents from the fill & border colours to be customised? Or is it due to the fact that my stereotype has a generalisation link with another stereotype (i.e. does the BPMN2 stereotype overwrite this information?)

thanks
Title: Re: UML profile : fill color after DrawNativeShape
Post by: qwerty on January 24, 2015, 03:51:33 am
DrawNativeShape just draws the default border line. But the fill color can be changed.

q.
Title: Re: UML profile : fill color after DrawNativeShape
Post by: KP on January 27, 2015, 09:23:50 am
Did you save the profile by right-clicking the diagram? Because if you save the profile by right-clicking the package in the project browser, it won't pick up the colour of the «stereotype» element.
Title: Re: UML profile : fill color after DrawNativeShape
Post by: Guillaume on January 27, 2015, 06:45:38 pm
Hi,

I'm working on a BPMN Data Object's stereotype, and I eventually figured out that the background colour is only used when you set the data object as an input or output (background colour is rendered in the arrow not the element's main body).

Thanks
Title: Re: UML profile : fill color after DrawNativeShape
Post by: Uffe on January 28, 2015, 10:01:34 pm
Quote
Did you save the profile by right-clicking the diagram? Because if you save the profile by right-clicking the package in the project browser, it won't pick up the colour of the «stereotype» element.
I don't think that's true anymore. I know it has been in the past, but I've been maintaining a profile for a few years now which has several diagrams and where I always save from the project browser. One stereotype has a custom colour (no _image attribute), and it always works -- EA generates the necessary script during the export process and places it in its <Image> tag.

/Uffe