Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Uml Process => Topic started by: Thomas Mercer-Hursh on October 27, 2006, 12:23:16 pm
-
I am doing a sequence diagram for a test program which will test several classes. When I started drawing the diagram, I put in an Actor for the test program and made all of my messages to and from it. Now I have decided that I would like to include an Actor for the engineer running the test program, so the test program itself should be an object, not an actor. I don't see any way to change it without deleting it and re-doing all of the messages ... i.e., 95% of the diagram. Is there a way?
Also, having added the Actor for the engineer, I have a run message to start the test program, a report message back from the test program, but if I add an end of execution message back from the test program to the engineer, it ends up in a different timeline, i.e., there is no continuity following the report. Is it possible to connect these? Likewise, following the report, the test program will go through its cleanup activities. These also introduced a gap in the test program sequence. I can hid the gap by pushing the first message up, but is there a way that one says, "this keeps going"?
-
I am doing a sequence diagram for a test program which will test several classes. When I started drawing the diagram, I put in an Actor for the test program and made all of my messages to and from it. Now I have decided that I would like to include an Actor for the engineer running the test program, so the test program itself should be an object, not an actor. I don't see any way to change it without deleting it and re-doing all of the messages ... i.e., 95% of the diagram. Is there a way?
Not really, but don't delete the actor lifeline without first adding a new object lifeline and transferring all the messages to the new lifeline (Shift+Click the end of the message then click the new lifeline).