Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Uml Process => Topic started by: Elvior on January 24, 2013, 01:22:30 am

Title: Using Entry/Exit points with composite states.
Post by: Elvior on January 24, 2013, 01:22:30 am
I would like to know how to use entry and exit states to enter and exit a composite state.

My situation is similar to this
(http://www.sa-depot.com/wp-content/plugins/hot-linked-image-cacher/upload/evernote.com/shard/s2/res/6c72c01e-00b4-4f8f-a850-4c556963c5f8/image019.jpg)

I have a composite state to which I have added one entry and one exit state. My problem is that these are not visible in the contained submachine.

The submachine should look something like this:
(http://www.sa-depot.com/wp-content/plugins/hot-linked-image-cacher/upload/evernote.com/shard/s2/res/fc928dbe-8012-4f62-9795-584bfb3f2ade/image018.jpg)

But I cant see or find a way to make the entry and exit states show up, so I can connect to them.

Of secondary importance but still of interest is how I could create a scenario like this:
(http://www.sa-depot.com/wp-content/plugins/hot-linked-image-cacher/upload/evernote.com/shard/s2/res/b20f4e37-2534-4d47-8bf7-0f1624fdc1a0/image021.jpg)

Where a connector actually goes between two state machines without an entry or exit.
Title: Re: Using Entry/Exit points with composite states.
Post by: qwerty on January 24, 2013, 04:02:08 am
In your embedded diagram select the composite state and from the context menu choose Embedded Elements/Embedded Elements...
Select all entry/exit points you want to see and you're done.

q.
Title: Re: Using Entry/Exit points with composite states.
Post by: Elvior on January 24, 2013, 07:53:31 pm
Got it working, thanks much.