Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: ChrisD on March 26, 2008, 11:31:37 pm

Title: Attaching Child Diagrams
Post by: ChrisD on March 26, 2008, 11:31:37 pm
Hi All,

I have just started using EA instead of Systems Architect, and I have a question about child diagrams. I'm used to being able to add child diagrams to any element of an existing diagram...

E.g. creating a high level business process model and choosing one of the high level activities and attaching a child diagram to it. The child diagram would be a 'next level down' model.

Is this possible in EA?

[edit]
Ok so I can create a new child by right clicking on the activity and selecting - advanced - composite element.

Still cannot find out how to attach a previously created diagram
Title: Re: Attaching Child Diagrams
Post by: Jan ´Bary´ Glas on March 26, 2008, 11:54:09 pm
Drag your old diagram in Project browser onto your element in Project Browser.
Then make it composite (in diagram).
This establishes a link between the element and the diagram. You can (if you want) move the diagram somewhere else and the link is preserved.
Title: Re: Attaching Child Diagrams
Post by: ChrisD on March 27, 2008, 12:30:15 am
Excellent - Thanks for the help!