Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: Robo on June 18, 2008, 04:58:32 pm

Title: RTF report problem (external requirement type)
Post by: Robo on June 18, 2008, 04:58:32 pm
I have some problems during generation of RTF reports. If I try the following in the template:

external requirements>
{ElemExtRequirement.Name}{ElemExtRequirement.Type}
{ElemExtRequirement.Notes}
<external requirements

The field '{ElemExtRequirement.Type}' is replaced by 'Requirement'. I expected something like 'Safety' as selected in the properties dialog of the requirement. The other fields are replaced as expected.

I had a realization relationship of a component with a requirement. I am not sure if this has something to do with the issue mentioned in my last post (problems with realisation relationship) some days before.

Any help is welcome!
Title: Re: RTF report problem (external requirement type)
Post by: Eve on June 19, 2008, 08:29:54 am
It looks like the {ElemExtRequirement.Type} is accessing the element type, which will always be 'Requirement' for requirements.  If I'm understanding you correctly, I think that the field you're after is in Stereotype.  So try {ElemExtRequirement.Stereotype} if that is available.
Title: Re: RTF report problem (external requirement type)
Post by: Robo on June 19, 2008, 07:36:19 pm
hm, it seems to work with the stereotype ...

I think it's a little bit confusing if I set Type 'Safety' in the requirement properties dialog and have to use the stereotype field in the template editor to receive the type of requirement.  :-?

Anyway, many thanks for the hint.
Title: Re: RTF report problem (external requirement type)
Post by: Eve on June 20, 2008, 08:15:39 am
I agree, it is a bit confusing.

What I guess is happening is that it is reusing the existing element substitutions, where {Elem.Type} could be Class, Actor, Requirement etc.

So the requirement type is something like a subtype, and often this is what a stereotype represents.