Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: Stefan S. on June 11, 2009, 08:32:12 pm

Title: Importing 500 tables from a list of 70k Oracle tab
Post by: Stefan S. on June 11, 2009, 08:32:12 pm
In Enterprise Architect 7.5, I tried importing 500 of our SAP tables in our Oracle database, and had some problems. I got the ODBC driver to connect to the Oracle DB, and also to retrieve the list of the 70000+ tables (for the sapr3 scheme), but when I select the 500 tables I am actually interested in, the dialog hangs upon a click on the OK button and does not proceed.

Same applies if I only select a single entry out of the 70000.

Is there a workaround?

Title: Re: Importing 500 tables from a list of 70k Oracle
Post by: kosh.iii on June 12, 2009, 11:20:49 pm
As a workaround you could create a new database user which only "sees" the tables you want to import and then use this user for the ODBC connect. I assume the dialog should be able to deal with these better than with a list of 70.000 tables.