Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: destructodave on June 12, 2009, 09:00:11 am

Title: Project Data Transfer - Jet errors
Post by: destructodave on June 12, 2009, 09:00:11 am
I am having an issue with trying to transfer data from one project to another.  I do the transfer and it fails with the following error:

The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.
[Select * from t_document]
Field: bincontent

I have tried transferring from an EAP to EAP, and from an EAP to SQL Server and get the same error.

I am transfering from my local EAP file to my local SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition database.  There are no other users with access as it's a stand alone model at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated as I am moving our model from an EAP file to SQL Server 2008 so we can use TFS as the source control.

There have been multiple users of the model but no-one is using the model when I try to do the transfer.

I have tried this both with the Jet 4 option checked (and restarted EA) and unchecked, but I get the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Dave.
Title: Re: Project Data Transfer - Jet errors
Post by: destructodave on June 15, 2009, 09:04:19 am
Ok, so I played around for a while and finally decided to do a "Compact .EAP file..." which took the model from 45MB to 9MB.  No idea what this does yet, or if it's a good/bad thing to do, but I was looking for answers and running out oftime to get my model under source control within a DBMS.

Anyway, after I did the compacting the data transferred successfully from an EAP to EAP and an EAP to DBMS....excellent!!!

So I guess the answer to my question is to perform a Compact if you get a Jet error?  :-?
Title: Re: Project Data Transfer - Jet errors
Post by: «Midnight» on June 15, 2009, 09:50:36 am
Perhaps.

Did you run an integrity check on the project (the menu option is near the other database features)? Perhaps there were some minor issues that prevented the transfer, but were sorted out on a compress.

Database compression is actually done by the MS Jet engine. While doing so the engine performs a few minor tweaks. These might have corrected minor errors in the data. [I really don't know though...]

David
Title: Re: Project Data Transfer - Jet errors
Post by: destructodave on June 15, 2009, 09:57:23 am
Yeah I did the integrity check and it came back with no errors.  I'll just chalk this one up to teh Jet engine weaving some magic during the Compact and making the world a happier place again.