Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: skiwi on July 29, 2009, 07:53:11 am
-
After some seemingly minor changes to my RTF template (where everything looks fine with the template)
I find that some substitutions do not occur during generation.
(I would have provided a copy and paste here, but the copy from the RTF editor does not paste to the browser or a text editor).
Please see the images below.
I'd appreciate any suggestions for how I can rectify this (and an explanation of what is wrong).
I'd upload the exported template if I could, but the Board Administrators have disallowed this possibility.
I also note that there is no undo when specifying or unspecifying a section, surely this is a mistake.
When unspecifying a section in the RTF editor not only do all the tags go, but so does all the customised content ! This is really frustrating.
The template is
(http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/copperkiwi/Sparx/th_EARTLstyletemplate.jpg) (http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/copperkiwi/Sparx/?action=view¤t=EARTLstyletemplate.jpg)
The generated document is
(http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/copperkiwi/Sparx/th_eagenerateddoc.jpg) (http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/copperkiwi/Sparx/?action=view¤t=eagenerateddoc.jpg)
-
Unfortunately in this case an image does not contain enough information. Please submit a bug report with an export of the template:
http://www.sparxsystems.com/support/bug_report.html
-
Thanks, I have done this, but the form did not seem to have any upload capability.
(http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/copperkiwi/Sparx/th_EAbugsubmission.jpg) (http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/copperkiwi/Sparx/?action=view¤t=EAbugsubmission.jpg)
-
Now I see,
you meant http://www.sparxsystems.com/registered/reg_support.html
-
I now understand that, via Sparx support
The SSBookMarks style MUST NOT BE changed - this is the system Style used for defining the Sections. It is critical that this be preserved.
As a general rule the importation of RTF documents from Word is supported, this is prior to the addition of EA's Sections.
However a constant interchange between EA and Word is not supported, post adding EA's sections, for an number of reasons.
The prime reason is that the Section Bookmarks are truncated by Word as it uses a smaller field length for these.
To use the table formatting defined in Word, export the table without the Sections, modify it in Word, paste it back to the EA editor and then add your sections.
-
...
To use the table formatting defined in Word, export the table without the Sections, modify it in Word, paste it back to the EA editor and then add your sections.
And remember that you can make this round trip only once, so think it through before you commit.
-
...The SSBookMarks style MUST NOT BE changed - this is the system Style used for defining the Sections. It is critical that this be preserved....
This is somthing that Sparx should be fixing. I should be able to select all and change style or change style though any other way and then the editor should just skip ranges having SSBookMarks style, it is that simple. It is a usability issue we faced too, and it is usability (and not missusing) because it is not something you can figure out your self from what you see.