Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: lkiff on August 08, 2009, 02:41:32 am

Title: Can't import NIST UnitsML XSD Schema
Post by: lkiff on August 08, 2009, 02:41:32 am
I'm not an XML guru, so I'm frustrated that an XSD schema, built with an Altova tool, on a project sponsored by NIST, fails to load due to a namespace error:

'The namespace prefix is not allowed to start with the reserved string "xml."'

Can someone help me to figure out what I can do to fix this so I can import this schema?  
http://unitsml.nist.gov/Schema/unitsmlSchema-0.9.18.xsd


Title: Re: Can't import NIST UnitsML XSD Schema
Post by: lkiff on August 08, 2009, 03:27:03 am
Since I'm not a patient person, I managed to find the solution before I found help.

The declaration that prevented the schema from loading is:
      xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"

When I removed this from the UnitsML xsd, it imported properly.
Title: Re: Can't import NIST UnitsML XSD Schema
Post by: «Midnight» on August 08, 2009, 09:20:10 pm
Does Altova gracefully accept removal of this declaration? Or does it issue a nag, or worse yet does it insist on inserting the declaration on a round trip of the file?