Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: Leszekd on August 17, 2009, 07:15:42 pm

Title: EA diagram deep copy
Post by: Leszekd on August 17, 2009, 07:15:42 pm
I work with BPMN 1.0 process diagrams in EA 7.5.843
 My issue is as follows.
I put the business process on a diagram A, then I removed its nested diagram.
In the browser, I moved another diagram (say, diagram B) to the process. Then, when I click on the process in the diagram, I expect that EA will open the diagram B, but it doesn't. When I click on the process with automatically created diagram, it does open it.
The same happens, when I add a new diagram to the process via "Add->add diagram" option in the browser pop-up menu.
What can I do to obtain the same behavior in these cases?
Please for an advice
Title: Re: EA diagram deep copy
Post by: Geert Bellekens on August 17, 2009, 08:45:23 pm
Try the "Advanced/Make Composite" option after moving the diagram under the activity.
This option takes the first nested diagram it finds and makes that the diagram that is opened when doubleclicking.

Geert
Title: Re: EA diagram deep copy
Post by: Leszekd on August 17, 2009, 10:05:30 pm
Great! It works! Thanks a lot!
PS It was a bit hard, because "Composite" option was already set. I had to switch it off, and then set it again.