Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: Mamta on September 03, 2009, 04:17:24 am
-
Hi,
How do you copy a class from one package to other without copying class diagram ( I know there is an option to copy classes while copying diagram) ?
Regards
MS
-
Copy the class (press Ctrl-C, works best on a diagram)
Go to a diagram in the destination package
Right-Click and choose "Paste as New" (Ctrl-Shift-V)
Geert
-
Hi,
Well as stated in query, I know that we can copy a class from a package to other through a class diagram.
Here I need to copy the class from a package to other, change the class.
Regards
Mamta
-
Look into Deep Copy. You might have to create a temporary diagram to hold the class (or classes) you want to copy. Once you've completed the deep copy you can delete the diagram.
-
Another approach is to export to XMI and then import not forgetting to check the strip guids option.
Obviously this is fine if you don't want to persist links.
Neil