Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: Paolo F Cantoni on February 08, 2010, 10:56:23 pm

Title: v8 - Can't delete/rename Workspace Definitions
Post by: Paolo F Cantoni on February 08, 2010, 10:56:23 pm
Title says it all...

Any place a user can create/name an item, should also allow the deletion/renaming of the item.

I, for one, often discover I've incorrectly named something.

Reported,
Paolo
Title: Re: v8 - Can't delete/rename Workspace Definitions
Post by: mrf on February 08, 2010, 11:48:51 pm
You can right click on workspace layouts in the list to bring up a context menu. The menu includes both Delete and Save As entries. If this is not immediately apparent then we'll look at adding (more) buttons.
Title: Re: v8 - Can't delete/rename Workspace Definitions
Post by: Paolo F Cantoni on February 09, 2010, 12:30:01 am
Thanks Michael, it does help - but it's really not enough.  Need a rename function.

I suspect it may be better to add buttons.

In any case, this business of context menus not agreeing with other menus / buttons and "hiding functionality away" has always annoyed me...

I always thought the context menu was an adjunct to the other mechanisms.  It should never be the sole mechanism for any functionality.

Paolo