Author Topic: A few questions about the product  (Read 974 times)

GML

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
A few questions about the product
« on: April 03, 2003, 12:00:34 pm »
I have a few questions about the product:
1. Can i generate SQL scripts (DDL) from an entire model or is it restricted for Table type objects?
2. The trazability control over the different stages are made only through the matrix or does it handle the control automatically. i.e. alarms telling me that from one step to another i´m forgotting to link something.
3. Does it support OCL in any way?
4. Are there plans to improve the code generation capabilities?
Thanks a lot
Guillermo Castaņo A.
Comp. and Systems Eng.
www.GrupoMillennium.com

EmmaN

• EA User
  • Sparx Support
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions about the product
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2003, 11:19:52 pm »
DDL is currently limited to Table type objects, that is correct

There are no current automatic alarms over non-linked or unimplmented elements. The Matrix is intended to provide this visual information. Also there is an Implementation and Dependency report from the context menu, Documentation section on a package in the project tree that has information
about what is implemented - and includes notes that something is not implemented as well. It might pay to look at this as well.

OCL is not supported - although, as ever, we would like to add something. It is a complex undertaking though.

We are currently adding code generation templates that can be customized by the user - this will enable better control of class/method/attribute formatting and content.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2003, 11:21:55 pm by Newman »