Author Topic: How to create Relationship diagrams from Activity?  (Read 1185 times)

anyeguevara

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
How to create Relationship diagrams from Activity?
« on: March 23, 2013, 11:40:42 pm »
Hello,
I have a model in which I have many different activity diagrams. As expected, the diagrams contain partitions and actions inside each of them, if you will.

The partitions represent not only the system, but also the actors/users that interface to the system and perform/call upon the actions/functions inside the system partition.

I would like to have EA (version 10) create a relationship diagram showing the functions/actions across the top row and the actors/partitions on the left.

Does anyone know if EA can provide this functionality and how it is done?

Thanks,
Angelo

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: How to create Relationship diagrams from Activ
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 12:33:57 am »
The relationship window shows only connectors. But in your case it is not a connector but rather a physical placement of elements. What I did was to place the activities inside the partitions (EA does that for you when dragging them over a partition). That gave a good overview over which activity was performed by which actor (being the classifier for the partition).

q.

anyeguevara

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 01:31:19 am »
That's what I have done as well. Can I create a view that would actually show that in a matrix-like format? I know that it is included in the RTF report, as an example, but I would like to get a matrix-like view, if possible.

Thanks.
Angelo

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 01:53:35 am »
I haven't heard of such a feature.

q.