Author Topic: Questions on diagram creation  (Read 1142 times)

sdh

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Questions on diagram creation
« on: July 25, 2013, 02:51:42 pm »
I have a few questions on diagram creation:

1. When I drag and drop multiple elements to a diagram, how do I disable the popup for every element and by default place the elements on the diagram as "Simple Link".

2. When I drag and drop interfaces to a diagram, by default it is rectangular notation. Is there some way to default to circle notation for interfaces or change all the dropped interfaces to circle notation in one shot.

3. On the diagram I have the component and interfaces. I want to indicate that all the interfaces are realised by the component. Is there a way to create this relationship for multiple interfaces simultaneously instead of linking component to each interface individually.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Questions on diagram creation
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 06:52:24 pm »
I have a few questions on diagram creation:

1. When I drag and drop multiple elements to a diagram, how do I disable the popup for every element and by default place the elements on the diagram as "Simple Link".
Ctrl-drag an element and a pop-up will appear. There's an option button (depends on your EA version) where you can change the settings (once and permanently).

2. When I drag and drop interfaces to a diagram, by default it is rectangular notation. Is there some way to default to circle notation for interfaces or change all the dropped interfaces to circle notation in one shot.
AFAIK you can't set a default. You would need to write an add-in to do that.

3. On the diagram I have the component and interfaces. I want to indicate that all the interfaces are realised by the component. Is there a way to create this relationship for multiple interfaces simultaneously instead of linking component to each interface individually.
You need to create all relations individually. You might use the relationship matrix where you could bulk set relations. But I doubt this will be faster in this case.

q.

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Questions on diagram creation
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 09:22:29 am »
AFAIK you can't set a default. You would need to write an add-in to do that.
Project Template Package will do this:

http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/10/modeling_basics/using_element_templates.html
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com