Author Topic: Lockfile ldb with all users  (Read 3660 times)

Michel777

• EA User
    • View Profile
Lockfile ldb with all users
« on: October 25, 2013, 10:13:53 pm »
Hi,

We ( 6 people) use a eap modell without activating user administration (the floating license can not be  imported into the model). The ldb file contains all the users, they ever opened the modell. Therefore it is nott possible to manipulate the eap file as a data base.

Is it a feature or a bug ?

Thanks

Michel

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Lockfile ldb with all users
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 01:22:32 am »
The license is always per user, not per repository. What do you mean by "manipulating the eap file"? Structure or contents?

q.

Michel777

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 05:46:16 am »
Hi,

yes, we have all  licence, floating licences leased for 3 days against a central MySQL repository.

Our group uses a local installation for testing purposes.  If you try to turn on the locking mechanism, you will be asked for enter license. The dialog doesn't offer connecting the license server.

Manipulate: copy the eap file locally, working with them usinng EA and replace the original version.

Michel

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 07:30:47 am »
To turn on security you actually need a different key. Mine was sent with the single user license I purchased. But for floating license there must be some license key for security too. Ask Sparx sales if you don't find it.

q.

P.S.: http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/9.2/projects_and_teams/usersecurity2.html
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 08:19:30 am by qwerty »