Author Topic: IBD: How to add Inherited Ports and Non-owned Items  (Read 2862 times)

Miguel

• EA User
    • View Profile
IBD: How to add Inherited Ports and Non-owned Items
« on: April 04, 2021, 11:09:46 am »
Hi Folks,

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to add two types of items to a SysML IBD: Ports and Non-owned Items.  I'm on EA 15.2v1555.

Please see the BDD below.  Foo has a port and Bar has a port of its own, but since Bar is a specialization of Foo, then Bar actually has both ports.  Additionally, Bar has a referfence association with Baz. 

I'm trying to create an IBD for Bar that looks like the following, but I can't get it do do this in EA:

Instead, when I create the IBD, I can drag and drop Bar's owned items, including its port and its part onto the IBD by selecting the item under Bar in the Project Browser:

...the dragging and dropping it onto the IBD...

However, there seems to be no way to add to the IBD the port that Bar inherited from Foo or the aBaz, which is not owned by Bar (though Bar has a reference association with Baz).  If I try to highlight the port under Foo and drag it, that doesn't work, and there is no way to find a Baz that I can drop onto the IBD as a reference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Miguel.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 11:14:56 am by Miguel »

Takeshi K

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: IBD: How to add Inherited Ports and Non-owned Items
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 11:22:15 am »
Hello Miguel,

To show Part properties in the IBD, you need right-click at background of the IBD and select 'Synchronize Structural Elements' command. In your case, by calling this command, two Parts will be added.

To show inherited Ports, you need to inherit manually. You can see the parent Port by selecting the Bar block and press Ctrl+5 (open the Features window), and enable a checkbox for the Port in the Interaction Points tab.

HTH,
--
t-kouno

Miguel

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 09:45:18 pm »
Thanks, Takisha... partial success, but still not completely working.

- The 'Synchronize Structural Elements' did, indeed, work to bring in the 'aBaz' reference.  Very helpful.

- However, I am still unable to add the inherited port.  I get what you are saying, but it's not working for me.  When I bring up the Features/Interaction Points on 'Bar' I don't see the 'FooPort' from 'Foo'.  All I see is:

I tried unchecking and rechecking the 'Show Owned/Inherited' to no effect.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Miguel.

Takeshi K

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 09:54:46 am »
Hello Miguel,

Please try on the latest build, 1558. It might solve your second issue.
--
t-kouno

Miguel

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 12:38:53 am »
Takeshi,

I updated to 1558 this morning and tried again.  Same problem persists.

Thanks,
Miguel.

Takeshi K

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 07:32:12 am »
Hello Miguel,

You need to check the checkbox 'Show Owned/Inherited'.

But if you already checked, I have no idea. Please ask to the Sparx Support team.
--
t-kouno