Author Topic: Locating and relocating Connectors (in Packages)  (Read 1940 times)

RIL

• EA User
  • -- There's always a solution --
    • View Profile
Locating and relocating Connectors (in Packages)
« on: February 20, 2015, 05:14:02 am »
Hi all,

I drew a device with a composite diagram as Class diagram. Then I tried to move the Classes to another Package, but, it seems the Connectors (didn't move along, and they) don't seem to be able to be Located & Relocated (between packages).

I can find the Connectors by clicking on the classes, but the "owning" package doesn't seem to be able to list them, and, no option (that I could find) to move the Connectors to another Package of choice.

When I try to export the model (my own VBScript to JSON) the Connectors simply aren't in the Package structure (since the relations were drawn while all classes were located outside of the Package for the class structure).

Q: Is there any simple UI access to locating Connectors ("by Package") and any command for moving them to another package?

// Rolf Lampa
-- There's always a solution --

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Locating and relocating Connectors (in Package
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 06:43:36 am »
A connector always has two elements, never any package related. Talking of version control the source "owns" the connector.  When you export elements via XMI each of its connectors is also exported. The other end may be dangling but it is described via the GUID of the connected element. On import those dangling connectors are thrown away and you will see a warning (with luck). But once you import the missing element from (another) XMI the connector is established.

q.

RIL

• EA User
  • -- There's always a solution --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 07:27:41 am »
A connector always has two elements,

Two elements? Did you mean the ConnectorEnds?

// Rolf
-- There's always a solution --

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 11:13:45 am »
That's synonymous. The connector ends represent elements. Two different ones or the same. But always elements. And it's always two of them. No package.

q.