Author Topic: Sizing of docked windows  (Read 2305 times)

thomaskilian

Sizing of docked windows
« on: November 21, 2007, 02:52:36 am »
Hi there,
I have a minor problem when working with my laptop: I often need to resize docked windows. On the right hand side I have stacked Browser, Properties and Tags. I often have to resize the browser and to minimize the two others. Now I have to minize both separately: first the lower then the middle one (and if you start with the middle one you have to repeat this step after shrinking the lower one!). It would be neat if I just could drag the separator between browser and the middle window to minimize middle and lower window at same percentage (and to restore them accordingly). That would save quite a lot of time.

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
Re: Sizing of docked windows
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 04:02:31 am »
Thomas,

So simple, so useful.

If only you'd come up with this when I still had more hair to pull.

Perhaps this could be done with a shift-drag (or control-drag) operation, with a simple drag working like things do now. This would avoid breaking any legacy behavior. [That said, I have not come up with anything I'd want to preserve. But you never know.]

David
No, you can't have it!

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 04:32:00 am »
Gets my vote....

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

thomaskilian

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 05:00:26 am »
Another nice thingy would be to actually lock a docked window. Every now and than it happens that I grab the border instead of the scrollbar - and it rips the window off its dock. I asked for that locking more than once but there was obviously not enough response from other users.

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 05:19:57 am »
Another nice thingy would be to actually lock a docked window. Every now and than it happens that I grab the border instead of the scrollbar - and it rips the window off its dock. I asked for that locking more than once but there was obviously not enough response from other users.

Well now you have a response from me: Add my vote!

David
No, you can't have it!