Author Topic: Richer note fields (on elements)  (Read 5582 times)

Emilio

• EA User
    • View Profile
Richer note fields (on elements)
« on: March 09, 2009, 09:50:43 pm »
The notes field of the element dialog is a semi-rich text box allowing bold/italics/super/subscript and font color. It however misses being able to change the font size and font type. That comes in very useful when exporting documents or doing copy/paste between the model and a document.

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
Re: Richer note fields (on elements)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 12:26:18 am »
Quite right!

I kept thinking this had been corrected - you can see how I feel about this - in the 7.5 beta (at least the second one). On trying it out - I had not tested this before - I see it has not been. I just reread the release notes for builds 742 and 741. They mention adding a Font selection button to the Formatting toolbar, and better handling of notes where the chosen font includes Unicode characters. These two entries are probably what I remembered (incorrectly). The formatting toolbar won't help you when you are editing notes; the notes are on a modal dialog, so the main menu and toolbars are disabled. I am assuming the notes font could be changed through the Configure Default Element Fonts button on the Tools | Options | Diagram | Appearance dialog, but this is an all-or-nothing setting.

Sigh...
No, you can't have it!

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 10:20:13 am »
Not in EA 12
Orthogonality rules
Using EA15.2 (1555) on Windows 10 Enterprise/64 bit. Repositories in SQLServer2019 & Access2003/JET4.0. WebEA on Pro Cloud Server 4.2.64

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 10:57:01 am »
There's actually a very good reason why notes don't have options for text size or face. (Besides the mess that would inevitably be created by people changing them)

When running a report, because there is no option to change this the notes can automatically use the values set in the template (especially with the availability of stylesheets now) and the text will fit in with the document.

On the plus side, you can now change the displayed size of text in note editors. In the visual appearance dialog there is an option to increase it in all editors that is persisted. You can also Ctrl+mouse wheel to change the size for the life of a single editor.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

EXploringEA

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 07:00:19 am »
Hi Simon

You talk about the visual appearance dialog - can you advise where I find this as I can't find the option you refer to (bld 1207).

Also tried the ctrl+mouse in an elements notes window without any effect.  Have I misunderstood what you suggest can be achieved.

Thanks
Tools & information including EA Installation Inspector
eaForms - custom properties editor
EXploringEA - experiments when time permits

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 08:21:39 am »
MrWappy, for your first question open: View | Visual Styles. In the Visual Appearance group you should find Default Note Zoom.

For the second question. Ctrl+mouse-wheel to change the zoom. (With no restrictions on what we feel is reasonable)
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

Takeshi K

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 09:45:22 am »
The option Simon mentioned was added in build 1210. You can find the option after updating to latest build.
--
t-kouno

EXploringEA

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 06:19:53 pm »
Thanks - updated and see the new option; and mouse operation really useful.
Tools & information including EA Installation Inspector
eaForms - custom properties editor
EXploringEA - experiments when time permits