Author Topic: Documentation question re: requirement "text"  (Read 1890 times)

requirement4life

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Documentation question re: requirement "text"
« on: July 13, 2016, 11:35:54 am »
Hi,

I have been experimenting with document generation for requirements and I can't seem to quite figure out how to modify a template to generate a document including requirement "text" values. I used this for displaying requirement text on the diagram, but only notes seemed to be exported and displayed in my generated documents.

Is the solution to create a template for this specific need or some feature of which I am as of now unaware? Thanks!

StefanPears

• EA User
  • Unwissenheit schützt vor Erkenntnis nicht
    • View Profile
Re: Documentation question re: requirement "text"
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 09:50:20 pm »
Well, you basically have two options. Find the one of the given templates that includes all you need and then remove all the unwanted stuff and beautify the rest. Or create a new template from scratch.

The 'requirements Report - details' should be a nice candidate for the first option.

requirement4life

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 02:09:35 am »
Aye, I've been experimenting with the Requirements - details report to no such luck, I'll return here with anything I can't necessarily solve via google or experimentation.

requirement4life

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 04:28:49 am »
I would however greatly appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction with regards to the exact field input I need to set up, this is sort of a time sensitive thing. As much as I would love to spend days exploring the software and figuring this out myself.

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 09:15:25 am »
I'm going to guess that by referring to requirement text, you are using SysML requirements. These store the text in a tagged value called text. The template allows you to get the value from a named tag.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

requirement4life

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 11:31:10 am »
I've tried that already, but when I generate a document it doesn't seem to become part of the document. I am probably not calling the correct value, but thanks for affirming that I am on the right track!