Author Topic: Diagram Formatting for Generated Documents  (Read 2669 times)

requirement4life

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Diagram Formatting for Generated Documents
« on: July 23, 2016, 03:05:38 am »
Hi,

I'm having a little trouble correctly formatting diagrams that stretch well beyond readability. These are SysML 1.4 requirements diagrams. I tried selecting the "Divide Diagram into Multiple Pages" option, but all that does is present a small, chopped off snapshot of the diagram in question without any amount of it being divided between further pages of the document.

Could this have to do with the fact that I am exporting into .docx ? Every time I open an exported document in Word it prompts me saying that the XML elements are not compatible (or something of that nature) and that they will be deleted. The only issue is that exporting into PDF and RTF makes no difference. Has anyone else had this issue? Couldn't find much using search.

jfzouain

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Diagram Formatting for Generated Documents
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 01:59:20 am »
Hi

The divide works perfectly, try exporting to RTF and then load it to word.
It should work.
Regards

Jose
Best regards

Jose Zouain

requirement4life

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 02:05:06 am »
I wish I had your magic touch. I have tried exactly this and all I get is small piece of the diagram. Unfortunately I can't post screenshots, but its like a window pane onto the diagram. No further pages.  :(

requirement4life

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 07:08:01 am »
Could the version of Word matter? Even though this problem persists through all three file type exports.

requirement4life

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 10:03:13 am »
In case anyone in the future has this same problem, I contact Sparx support and they correctly figured that it was the fact that I removed page borders from Diagram Properties (F5). Uncheck "Hide Page Borders" and you shouldn't have any issues getting the "Divide Diagram into Multiple Pages" feature to work as intended.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 03:59:45 pm »
Sounds more like "here's a buoy for the cliff" rather than "we'll be removing the cliff".

q.