Author Topic: HTML Report for Multiple Roots  (Read 1590 times)

Amy_N

• EA User
    • View Profile
HTML Report for Multiple Roots
« on: September 15, 2016, 10:49:20 am »
Is there any way to export multiple Roots into the same HTML file? i don't want to exportthe whole project just some but not all of the roots.

Uffe

• EA Practitioner
  • Flutes: 1; Clarinets: 1; Saxes: 5 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: HTML Report for Multiple Roots
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 06:04:53 pm »
Hi Amy,

Not quite, but almost. You can't get multiple root nodes in the generated HTML tree view, but using a Model Document you can include the view-level packages from an arbitrary number of root nodes. And since root nodes themselves typically hold no information, you don't lose much this way.

1) Create a new package with the name you want for the title of the HTML dump.

2) Create a Documentation diagram, name immaterial.

3) Create a Model Document, name immaterial (I usually call them "HTML Generator" or similar).
     Leave the tagged values with their default values, they won't be used.

4) Drag-and-drop the view-level (or other) packages you want to include from the project browser onto the Model Document.
     You can't add root nodes this way, unfortunately. But as long as the view-level structure is fairly static this works.

5) You can reorder the Package attributes, and rename them as well. The attribute names will be used for the respective tree nodes in the HTML dump.
     This is useful in situations where you have a repeated structure in multiple root nodes and want to distinguish between them in the flattened structure.

6) By default, all contents below a listed package are included.
     You can exclude packages with the Generated Document Options project browser package context menu item.

7) Select the Model Document in the project browser and hit Shift-F8 to generate.

HTH,

/Uffe
My theories are always correct, just apply them to the right reality.