Author Topic: Shape Script: Attribute visibility when using non rectangular UML  (Read 545 times)

Gus Gunn

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
If I create a shape script and use the image method to replace the standard rectangular notation is there a way I can get the attribute compartment to display using AddCompartmentText for example?

Arshad

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Shape Script: Attribute visibility when using non rectangular UML
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 02:46:18 pm »
Hi Gus

Its not possible to show the attributes compartment in diagram if  with an image.

HTH
Arshad
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:15:28 pm by Arshad »

Sparx Systems India - Services
Profile | Training PlansConsulting

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 04:55:24 pm »
Hi Gus

Its not possible to show the attributes compartment in diagram if you replaced it with an image.
Without image , you use AddCompartmentText to make attributes visible in shape scripts.

HTH
Arshad

No, you can't show attribute information using AppendCompartmentText in a shape script. It's used in either a shape RelatedElement which is called once for each connector attached to the element, or shape ChildElement which is called once for each owned element. There is no shape that iterates the owned attributes.
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

Arshad

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 05:15:02 pm »

No, you can't show attribute information using AppendCompartmentText in a shape script. It's used in either a shape RelatedElement which is called once for each connector attached to the element, or shape ChildElement which is called once for each owned element. There is no shape that iterates the owned attributes.

Yes Kp.
thats my mistake , updated the answer.
Thanks for the note.

Sparx Systems India - Services
Profile | Training PlansConsulting